InSphere Logo

Jonny Rogers

all messages by user

8/26/2014
Topic:
Other ideas for InSphere applications/services?

Jonny Rogers
Currently, my inspectors are using their existing Trimble handheld/receiver to shoot about 10 to 80 points for a certain project, but when they export it, all of that is within a shapefile. And inside that shapefile has more than just one type of points.
Unless I am missing something on Terraflex, when I export, it’s exporting every single point and not a collection based on maybe date or a project name into a geodatabase/feature class. Each point is all separate from each other.

So I would like an ability to group certain collections of points. Like the “create new job” function terrasync (I think) has.
Meaning,
I set up a Project labeled “Water Utilities” then I create various form templates for water assets (hydrants, valves, etc) within it.
When my inspectors are collecting data, they initiate or create a “job.” Within the date or unique identifier they label it as, all of the collected/shot data is stored by some way to distinguish it from anything else. When they click the submit button on each point they take, it stores it in that particular job folder. And possibly reopen that particular "job" then add more to it.
The end result will enable me to export out that particular “job” (all of the corresponding point data) and not have to search through random sets of points.
edited by Jonny Rogers on 8/26/2014
edited by Jonny Rogers on 8/26/2014
1/20/2015
Topic:
Auto Field for X,Y,Z?

Jonny Rogers
Will there be any consideration for Terraflex to auto record Latitude, Longitude, and Height to a collected form or point?.
Our current inspectors' set up is a YUMA 2 with a Pro6H receiver utilizing the App. After their points are collected for the day,
they will send me a Work Order,
then I select all of their points,
then export points to a shapefile to download.
then I edit/add to our current GIS.
I would suggest they input that info into a number form template, but the tabs disappear when you start collecting a point. I need to input X,Y,Z into already existing attributes.

So far the app is working great on our devices, but I think that would be a huge help for anybody who would need that info per point. I figured this could speed up the process.
edited by Jonny Rogers on 1/20/2015
1/22/2015
Topic:
Auto Field for X,Y,Z?

Jonny Rogers
I had to research what DMS or DD was but I think I have an idea on what you are asking. Much like how you have the Auto Collected Fields, when you drag it over into he Template creation area, have another type to choose from. Let's say, "Position Coordinates?" So If you have this type on a form template, it will place or attach your current Latitude and Longitude (either in feet, inches, or Decimal degrees) onto that point. And If that works, have another Auto Collected field type for Height or Z.
edited by Jonny Rogers on 1/22/2015
edited by Jonny Rogers on 1/22/2015
1/27/2015
Topic:
Delete all Selected option.

Jonny Rogers
On the Cloud Organization website, A "delete all selected forms" option would help. I was cleaning up my test forms and it takes a bit to delete one at a time. It might be my internet. It's nothing huge, but that option would be fantastic.
2/12/2015
Topic:
Auto field with geometry properties

Jonny Rogers
I've submitted a request/feedback like this but more of X,Y,&Z form information. You can see your current Lat/Lon Position on the GNSS status for Windows 7&8 app, but I would love if that info was auto recorded to the form when you submit it to the cloud. that way if I export out my forms to shapefiles, I don't have to calculate my geometry in GIS.
edited by Jonny Rogers on 2/12/2015