InSphere Logo

HomeInSphere - General

General Discussion

Data not not align in the correct location Messages in this topic - RSS

prsawyer

10/30/2015
Yes I am collecting GPS data in SBAS real time however; the data is in WGS84 and when I define and project the shapefiles into North Carolina State Plane NAD 83 feet my data does not align in the correct location to match up with the data in our SDE Database. I am only seeing one point for multiple features and attributes from the GPS data.
0 link
gshea

7/7/2016
has the mis-alignment issue for output to shapefile (after using SBAS corrections) been addressed yet?
0 link
prsawyer

7/7/2016
Not sure what type of GPS program and software you are using. I have the Trimble R1 receiver, i export the data from Insphere site as shapefiles. The shapefiles are automatically set as GCS WGS 84. Then I project the data into State PLane coordinte system. The layers do overlay correctly. Hope this helps.
edited by prsawyer on 7/7/2016
0 link
gshea

7/7/2016
do you know what changed from the original Oct 2015 post on the issue and it working for you now?
0 link
prsawyer

7/7/2016
I do know i was defining the data as State Plane the dat adid not align with the existing data in our sde database. It seems to work now when i define as wgs 84 and then project with a new layer as state plane. I do not have any problems now and all the data matches up with the existing data i have stored in our sde database.
edited by prsawyer on 7/7/2016
0 link