InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - Mobile

Discussions and feedback specific to TerraFlex Mobile

Updating / replacing line geometry Messages in this topic - RSS

Nikolai G

9/17/2015
For existing objects (forms) it is possible to update and replace the geometry for points.
For lines however, it doesn't seem possible to replace the line geometry - only to add points to the end point of the existing line.

My workflow is to load existing line objects (shapefiles/geodatabase) into Insphere, create forms for updating attributes and more importantly updating geometry. The existing geometry is often screen digitized and needs to be updated by field observations. I'm using a Trimble GeoExplorer 6000XH with 10cm precision.
If I go into the geometry field - then on the map, and choose vertex collection the line automatically continues from the existing line end point. In many cases I would like to complete replace the existing geometry.
Thanks,
Nikolai Graae
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

9/21/2015
Hi Nikolai

Currently it is not possible to edit line or area form geometries in this way. This is something we are looking at for a future release
0 link
Rob A

11/3/2015
Hi Nikolai,

There is a way to do this. When you are on the map and collecting geometry, the map menu has an option "Clear Positions". If you choose this option, it will clear out the existing geometry, and you will be able to collect a new geometry that completely replaces the existing one.

Rob A
Trimble MGIS
0 link
Nikolai G

11/3/2015
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update. This is very encouraging. :-)
0 link
restoration.eco

7/9/2018
Hi Rob,

This post has been silent for some time and in the interim there was a way to edit positions in both lines and polygons. After the most recent sync of my Terraflex that option is no longer available! This was an incredibly useful tool especially as it related to shapes created manually (as opposed to with a GPS receiver).

Andrew
0 link
C.M.B.

9/27/2018
Hi All,
I second what Andrew said.
I have been going crazy trying to figure out how I used to have a way to edit positions before and I couldn't find it for the life of me. This is good to know that I should stop wasting my time looking for it:p It is a really useful feature to be able to edit positions, so that I don't have to redo a 200+ point/shape collection if I make one tiny mistake. Please bring the edit function back and a bonus would be a way to edit the points on the web interface once the shape is collected.

Thank you!!!
Cassandra
0 link
C.M.B.

9/27/2018
Oh! Also, just wanted to add.. sometimes it isn't easy to fix the issue with the point geometry in another interface because it doesn't register a shape as a shape (because there are loops in the shape itself) and I need to go back and delete a point or two to make it register as a shape.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

10/3/2018
Hi C.M.B

I'll get an update on this for you from the Terraflex product team
0 link