InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - General

General Discussion about Trimble Terraflex

State Plane Coordinate System Support? Messages in this topic - RSS

NPWADan

8/18/2015
We are looking to start using TerraFlex next year, but we are waiting on coordinate system support.

In particular, we are looking to use NAD 1983 State Plane Pennsylvania South coordinate system, which is what our GIS is in.

I have heard that there is a possibility that this will be available early next year or even by the end of the year. Can anyone provide any updates on this?

Thanks,

Dan
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

9/4/2015
Hi Dan

Yes we'll be introducing local coordinate system support in a future release. I can't go into detail right now (for obvious reasons) but this is definitely a feature you'll be able to use end of the year/ early next year.

Apart from being a popular enhancement request, we'll need this to follow and compliment other more immediate enhancements we are making for the September (2015) Terraflex release.

Regards,
Tom
edited by Tom H on 9/4/2015
0 link
NPWADan

1/25/2016
Tom H wrote:
Hi Dan

Yes we'll be introducing local coordinate system support in a future release. I can't go into detail right now (for obvious reasons) but this is definitely a feature you'll be able to use end of the year/ early next year.

Apart from being a popular enhancement request, we'll need this to follow and compliment other more immediate enhancements we are making for the September (2015) Terraflex release.

Regards,
Tom
edited by Tom H on 9/4/2015

I just wanted to check to see if this is on track for the next update, and also, when is the next update planned for release?

Thanks,

Dan
0 link
gshea

7/14/2016
Any status update for this planned feature in a new release?
0 link
NPWADan

7/14/2016
I spoke with someone from Trimble at the ESRI UC this year, who said that this can be done through the data manager, meaning that the data is transfored upon export. I have not had the chance to try this yet. I was waiting on a reply to this post from Tom H for an update to try TerraFlex, but I am going to go ahead and try it now when I get the chance.
0 link
JoshT

12/21/2017
Has there been any update to this? This seems like a simple fix but one that is taking a long time to incorporate.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

12/22/2017
Hi Josh
Coordinate systems will be implemented in the new Connect platform release early next year - take a look at the webinar here for more information - Trimble TerraFlex Integration with Trimble Connect - Distributor Webinar - September, 2017
edited by Tom H on 12/22/2017
0 link
Tobbe_SWE

10/29/2018
Hi Tom
I cannot find this functionality in Trimble Connect.
Has the update in question not been implemented yet?

If not can you suggest a viable workaround for getting WGS to SWEREF 99?
edited by Tobbe_SWE on 10/29/2018
0 link