InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - Cloud

Discussions and feedback specific to TerraFlex Cloud

Hyperlink for Photos Not Working Messages in this topic - RSS

ausmetering

6/12/2015
Is there a problem with the "hyperlinks" for the pictures associated with my exported forms? I get "Request Authentication Failed".
If anyone has any input, it would be appreciated. Here is one of my hyperlinks for reference:
https://app.trimbleinsphere.com/api/features/images/8f01dfed-f46b-4c7c-a040-da065045c97d?oid=576&hash=AJfPrW4gd3%2bt2nE1%2f3DaFbNLhJr1boRKyXVGW1IsnR4%3d
0 link
ausmetering

6/18/2015
Anyone experiencing the same problem? Anyone from Trimble support have an opinion? Thank You
0 link
AUS

6/23/2015
VERY DISAPPOINTED YET AGAIN WITH SUPPORT! I am still experiencing problems with these hyperlinks not working! It has been 11 days since my first post and yes we received a call concerning this matter to be told the solution would have to come from NEW ZEALAND! I understand that this is a software that is constantly evolving but the support is just plain nonexistent when there is a problem! You would think if the forum is the first place we are being asked to initiate our issues, someone from Trimble would be monitoring each post to resolve the problem! We have 20 Advanced License of Terra Flex, I don't know how this compares with other company's but I am once again going to start looking for another alternative and voice my concern to all!
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

6/24/2015
Hi Aus

We're really sorry for your bad experience here.
I'll private message you and take some details then transfer this through our support channels for escalatation.

With regards to the forum, this is a community based area where both users AND Trimble staff can collaborate and communicate, share ideas, content, best practice etc.. Forums should never be a place to log urgent SW issues. You should use the other support escalation points we have for this.That being said we do try to respond to ALL POSTS where the user community has not.

Support options

For specific issues like this you are better escalating it via the dedicated support channels we have, where you will be assigned a support case and be able to track progress.

Trimble are a global company and New Zealand is where the bulk of our software development team are based. We also (and more importantly) have a global network of reseller's, most of which have a dedicated support resource who can help on all SW and HW they distribute.
For urgent issues like this your local reseller is probably the best and first contact you should make as they will be in your time zone and be able to offer immediate help.

I'll get onto this today for you and after we've exchanged the information I need.
-
edited by Tom H on 6/24/2015
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

6/26/2015
Hi Aus

The software team is working on the fix scheduled for next Monday (New Zealand)

This should resolve the hyperlink issue you are experiencing

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

7/2/2015
The hotfix has now been deployed and has resolved this issue
0 link
ausmetering

7/2/2015
Thank You
0 link
restoration.eco

5/4/2016
Tom,

I see that this thread is rather old but I am experiencing a similar issue. I am using a Terraflex advanced license and am collecting data using an iOs device. I have several forms that use a photo field and have been exporting my forms into an ESRI geodatabase format but Arcmap (10.0 ArcInfo license) is not able to correctly hyperlink to the images in the geodatabase. I have not seen any support for this issue from the ESRI side so I am hopeful that you might be able to provide an answer.

Tom H wrote:
The hotfix has now been deployed and has resolved this issue
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

5/5/2016
Hi restoration.eco

Follow the instructions for section #3 Trimble Insphere Support in this post and submit the details through to our support team: http://forum.trimbleinsphere.com/topic6386-need-support-heres-what-you-should-do.aspx

It doesn't sound like something we should work through on a public forum.

-
0 link
restoration.eco

5/5/2016
Thanks Tom for the fast response, I had posted here because I thought it was possible that the problem involved user error rather than a glitch in programming. I will follow the steps you recommended.
0 link
tiffanypuett

1/23/2019
Just in case someone else is looking for an answer...if you have attachments set up in your Esri GDB that is the host for the forms in Terraflex, then a user can "attach" more than 1 photo per feature. That means if you manually download the data from Insphere instead of checking it back using the free plugin, there may be more than one photo link stored in the same field. This will cause an authentication issue like you describe. I recommend sorting the attribute table to see where the paths are longer. You can also add a field and then calculate the length of the hyperlink field using the Len(). Currently the photo link is 56 characters for 1 photo. 113 if you have 2 links separated by a pipe (|).
0 link