InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - Mobile

Discussions and feedback specific to TerraFlex Mobile

Supported Windows Desktop Devices Messages in this topic - RSS

Marcel

1/27/2015
Hello all,

is there a list with currently supported Windows Desktop devices? For example Motion, Panasonic or Getac Windows Tablets/Laptops?

Thank You
Marcel
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

1/27/2015
Hi Marcel

You can find the supported list under the technical specifications here: http://www.trimbleinsphere.com/insphere/terraflex-data-collection
Or by referring to the Trimble TerraFlex TechSheet
Finally the Trimble MGIS Compatibility Matrix (page 19) provides a definitive listing of the compatible Trimble devices.
Note the Geo5T is not compatible

For Windows tablet devices we test on the Yuma 2 and the Motion tablet so these are what we officially recommend. Due to the huge variety of different tablets available we cannot provide a truly generic solution for every market device.
-
edited by Tom H on 1/27/2015
0 link
Marcel

2/9/2015
Hi Tom

Thank You for the reply. So You can't say if for example a Panasonic Toughbook or a device from Getac will work? Or do You know of devices that will certainly not work?

Thank You
Marcel
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

2/9/2015
Hi Marcel

Unfortunately we only test using the Yuma 2 and Motion tablet so i can't give you a solid answer.
Yes, TerraFlex will install but the potential compatibility problems will arise from using any embedded sensors on that device such as the inbuilt GPS or camera.
If you are using an external GPS (and don't care about images) then this won't be a problem.

My best recommendation is to give this a quick test then to post it on the forum listing any successful HW you have installed TerraFlex on that we don't officially list.
I'm sure the user community would find this useful and quickly begin adding any additional HW they have TerraFlex running on.

Sorry i can;t be more specific but there's so much HW out there it's impossible for us test and support it all.
edited by Tom H on 2/9/2015
0 link
Marcel

2/10/2015
Hi Tom,

I will list any succesfull installations and/or issues. Thank You for the clarification

Regards,
Marcel
0 link
PaulJ

2/26/2015
I have completed some testing on the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 Mk 1. TerraFlex installs fine but cannot connect to the GPS, because I can not get a position, when I open a form i cannot test the camera.
I plan to also test on the Fz-G1 Mk 2, I will update when I complete this.

Regards
Paul
0 link
PaulJ

3/20/2015
I have managed to get my hands on a Panasonic FZ-G1 Mk 2 - TerraFlex now works with the GPS. Quickly achieved an est. accuracy of 5m however we cant seem to get the camera to work.
edited by PaulJ on 3/20/2015
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

3/20/2015
Hi PaulJ

Terraflex will support any device running Win7/8 but as there's no standard camera API across the huge number of HW platforms you may be unable to use the integrated camera.

That's why we only explicitly recommend the Yuma 2 or Motion tablet which we use in testing.
-
edited by Tom H on 3/20/2015
0 link