InSphere Logo

HomeInSphere - General

General Discussion

Can I add/dump Form Questions to data Files? Messages in this topic - RSS

DMartin

1/13/2015
Hi,

I'm very much a newbie to 'Trimble InSphere' and have encountered some hurdles with use of the forms and .shp files I've imported to utilize.

I'll give a quick run through of what I'm utilizing this software for so to hopefully shed some light on what I'm trying to achieve.

Auditing a Telecommunications Network is what we wish to do with this software. We mainly Survey all Existing Poles, Aerial Fibre and Customers Service lead-ins within a selected area/suburb. the questions for the 3 main interests (Poles, Fibre & Service Drops) are always the set out the same. The Client sends out the existing .shp files which includes all the currently utilized Poles and their Network of Aerial fibre and Service Drops within that specific area.

I'm hoping to add the necessary 'Form' questions to a specific Data Layer. Is it possible to create a Form Template that I can add to any Data file I need to use once Imported? I want to be able add these questions in very quickly and effectively once I receive the .shp files from the client.

I have already created a form with all the relevant questions relating to the Poles. Can I somehow dump this onto the data file allowing it to provide the necessary questions for all Poles?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

Dave
edited by DMartin on 1/13/2015
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

1/14/2015
Hi Dave

Unfortunately you need to recreate the form template for each imported shapefile.

We weren't able to address the workflow you've described in this recent release, but it's something we have planned.
Specifically we are looking at the 2 scenario's below:

• I have an existing form template and features and I would like to import more features into it.
  • I would like to import a new layer and use a previously created form template.

Thanks for the constructive feedback, we take our user input seriously.
-
edited by Tom H on 1/14/2015
0 link
DMartin

1/14/2015
Hi Tom,

I appreciate your response.

This is a major factor that would contribute to our committed use of this particular Trimble software. Continuously recreating the same template for quite a number of jobs will be a nightmare and wouldn't meet our time-frame requirements.

Are you able to give an indication on when to expect the above scenarios will be programmed into a future release?

Thank you.

David M.
0 link
DMartin

1/14/2015
Also,

Is there any way to change the form rules IS variable?
Currently the only variable available is the "IS ANSWERED" variable. I would like to change that variable to IF Yes or No is answered. For instance:

IF Pole Deleted?
IS Yes
Then Disable all targets

OR

IF Pole Deleted?
IS No
Then Enable all targets
edited by DMartin on 1/15/2015
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

1/15/2015
Hi David

I'm afraid I can't give any dates for future enhancements/ releases. I can only say that this is on the roadmap for future inclusion.

With regards to the condition statements; in this version they are limited to simply disabling or enabling fields targets based on a condition being met.
Again in future it is likely this will be enhanced.

If I can point you towards the Feedback & Requests section of the forum for questions like this in future.
This part of the forum is monitored by product management and engineering groups for user feedback and future enhancement requests.
Good feedback like this is always taken note of and helps us prioritise new release functionality. We want to make TerraFlex the worlds leading cloud based data collection solution there is so the more our users feedback the better it will be

-
edited by Tom H on 1/15/2015
0 link