InSphere Logo

HomeInSphere - General

General Discussion

How import to excel Messages in this topic - RSS

Arboristen

11/11/2014
Hi, i have a situatio where i just get all info in same cell when im importing csv in excel, What misstake do i do?
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

11/11/2014
Hi Arboristen

The equipment template contains macros that must be enabled.
One of these macros ('Create Equipment List') creates the final output CSV that is used to upload and import your equipment list back into InSphere EM.
The other, 'Insert Row' function is used to create a new row for your equipment. If these are not used then the final output will be incorrectly formatted.

I advise you strip the list back to a single piece of equipment first, keep any unusual characters (especially comma's) off the form and use this as a test.

After you've generated the CSV if you open it in notepad you should see simply each of the fields separated by a comma.
The top line will be the field headers followed by the equipment you have entered
For example here's a simple CSV I created and imported.

Serial Number,Manufacturer,Model,Friendly Name,Reference,Hardware Warranty,Software Warranty
123456789,Trimble,Juno 5 Series,Test,Test, 2015-09-29,
2015-09-29

The Equipment template also has an instructions tab so be sure to follow this carefully before creating the list.
Any further problems send me the example equipment list and i'll take a look at it
edited by Tom H on 11/11/2014
0 link
Arboristen

11/11/2014
Thanks, i sorted it out. But next thing is that i cant get scandinavian letters with the import, letters lite Å Ä and Ö wont come out as they where typed in.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

11/11/2014
Hi Arboristen

InSphere only supports English currently. Using none-English characters will result in unexpected behaviour.
0 link
Arboristen

11/11/2014
i found out that if you import as a certain file those letter will be kept.
0 link