InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - General

General Discussion about Trimble Terraflex

Not seeing collected points on other device Messages in this topic - RSS

Jonny Rogers

9/3/2014
Currently I have been testing out the App with a Android OS based phone. I wanted to demonstrate data collection using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, but after I login to Terraflex and select my Project, I am unable to see the points that I have collected. I am able to see them on the web and my phone (even after exporting) but still not on this tablet. It states "0 has been collected" on the tablet where my phone states "15." I have synced numerous times, but is there something I am missing? Both are currently connected via wifi to sync.
0 link
lcarter

9/3/2014
Hi Jonny,

There is currently not a functionality that syncs data you collect from one device to the cloud, then back to other devices. The app will currently only show forms collected on that particular device - that is why your phone shows 15 collected and the tablet shows 0. If you collect forms on the tablet, it will display starting at 1, 2, 3... etc. The merging of the data collected by the two devices is compiled in the cloud and viewable on the desktop side.

The functionality for data collected on one device to be viewable on all devices is a common request from customers and our engineering team is currently working on how to implement such abilities, but it is not available yet in the current version of TerraFlex. I hope this answered your question.

Best regards
Lane
Trimble InSphere Support
0 link
Jonny Rogers

9/3/2014
Thank you for your response! Now that I think of it, this currently could be an organizational advantage. My broad goal is to have at least 4 GPS windows based units utilizing the app so that could help me organize data exportation.
0 link
csedge

4/4/2016
Just wondering if there has been any update on this. I'm really keen on terraflex but unfortunately we can't always send the same staff or same device to a site. Unfortunately its a deal breaker for us. Is this feature likely to be implemented anytime soon?
0 link
Pete

4/4/2016
This is definitely in the TerraFlex near term roadmap. We have received this request from other users as well and we know the importance for certain workflows. I can't give specific time frames, but I can say it is a high priority feature that is being scoped.
0 link
csedge

4/5/2016
Thanks for the prompt response Pete, I'll keep an eye on future releases.
0 link
Tony P

11/28/2016
Have there been any updates on this request? Would be great for us to be able to share collected forms across multiple devices on the same project.
0 link
Paola

7/5/2017
Is there an update on this request?
0 link
LinaN

10/10/2017
We need this functionality desperately as well.
0 link
Pettson_trimtec

10/11/2017
Dito!
0 link
Niels_B

9/3/2018
Hello!
Four years later ... and yes we could also use this function very well to have visibility in the field on what has already been surveyed and not. Thanks for re-considering and putting it back on the road-map!
0 link
Sboles

11/15/2018
Currently out mapping with a co-worker and we really need the ability to see each other’s collected forms. Please add this functionality.
0 link