InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - Mobile

Discussions and feedback specific to TerraFlex Mobile

Shapefile import Messages in this topic - RSS

Gaines2007

6/12/2014
Do I have the ability to import shapefiles into a project?
Thanks!
0 link
Dan C
Administrator

6/12/2014
Thanks for your question!

The current version of TerraFlex does not support a shapefile upload.

If I could answer your question with another question... Is your desire to send existing data in the shapefile to the field so it can be updated? Or, would you simply like to use the schema defined in the shapefile to create a data collection form?

--
Dan Colbert | Trimble MGIS
0 link
Justin S

10/1/2014
Dan:

I'm hoping to receive and import a shapefile to pre-populate my custom template. This way (using your terminology), I am updating information rather than collecting completely new field data.

Can you please provide assistance?

Thanks.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

10/3/2014
Hi Justin

TerraFlex does not yet support the data update workflows you are describing, but will in a future release.

If you have existing assets you can use InSphere Data Manager to upload these shapefiles into the InSphere Data Manager web portal.
Assuming you have an iOS or Android device you can then download the Data Manager mobile app and use this to display and navigate to these positions in the field.
Once you have located the asset you can switch to the TerraFlex app and perform the data collection tasks you need.
The Data Manager app will also show data collected in TerraFlex alongside and information uploaded in Data Manager, so depending on your requirements may provide a temporary solution to your workflow problem in the short term.

For more information please take a look at the InSphere web page and InSphere online help documentation
edited by Tom H on 10/3/2014
0 link
BradD

9/29/2015
I have imported a shapefile using the Data Manager and can view this on the Insphere web portal but the layer doesn't appear on the Insphere mobile app. How do I load the layers to the app?
0 link
lcarter

9/29/2015
Hi BradD,

This falls under the category of creating a Task from your uploaded shapefile. It falls under the TerraFlex Advanced Data Update workflow.

You'll need a TerraFlex Advanced subscription to perform this.

The video here demonstrates the process clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_CP8CDuDU&feature=youtu.be

Best regards
Lane
Trimble InSphere Support
edited by lcarter on 9/29/2015
0 link
BradD

9/30/2015
Thanks Lane
I get to the point where I need to select the features I have created as a template but the selection tools don't appear to work for me
lcarter wrote:
Hi BradD,

This falls under the category of creating a Task from your uploaded shapefile. It falls under the TerraFlex Advanced Data Update workflow.

You'll need a TerraFlex Advanced subscription to perform this.

The video here demonstrates the process clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_CP8CDuDU&feature=youtu.be

Best regards
Lane
Trimble InSphere Support
edited by lcarter on 9/29/2015
0 link
lcarter

9/30/2015
Hi BradD,

This may be related to your internet browser cache not properly clearing when the new version of TerraFlex was posted recently. Refer to the forum topic Clear Your Internet Browser Cache Post Update
0 link
BradD

10/1/2015
lcarter wrote:
Hi BradD,

This may be related to your internet browser cache not properly clearing when the new version of TerraFlex was posted recently. Refer to the forum topic Clear Your Internet Browser Cache Post Update

That doesn't appear to have worked
0 link
tradliv

1/16/2019
I have tried to import different shapefiles using the data uploader. Some 9 out of 10 times the selected file(s) is never displayed and no error messages appear. The data uploader just says "complete" with no other feedback. The web interface does not give any clues whatsoever.

I am paying $150 per year for functionality that, to say the least, seem to be in Beta version years after it's original release. Please fix/help!
0 link