InSphere Logo

HomeInSphere - General

General Discussion

Exporting Data as KML File Messages in this topic - RSS

eweese

1/23/2017
I'm attempting to export data from InSphere as a KML file to Google Maps. Google maps isn't recognizing the file type. Anyone experienced this problem before or have any suggestions for what should do. I'm not a tech savy individual, so I'm sure there's a simple fix.
Thank you in advance.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

1/24/2017
Hi eweese

The KML export in Terraflex maintains the OGC KML standard format so this should import fine into Google Maps

I ran a quick test today following the the Import info to your map instructions on the google maps help site.

A quick sanity check would be to try this in Google Earth. If you have this installed on the same machine double tapping the KML will open it automatically. If this fails then there's something wrong with the KML.

Alternatively I'd recommend re-exporting the data from Terraflex/ InSphere

If you can't resolve this then follow the steps in the Need Support? Here's what you should do topic to escalate this
-
edited by Tom H on 1/24/2017
0 link
Desmo450

11/7/2017
I am looking for this information for file transfer on a Mac. as you cannot drag and drop into google earth...it simply does not work. Is there any other programs available to work with ?
0 link