InSphere Logo

HomeInSphere - General

General Discussion

Help with AutoCad Messages in this topic - RSS

tfurr

1/18/2017
I need help, I am beginning to wonder if I have purchased a paper weight. I have been fighting this past week to bring my points into AutoCAD. I have AutoCAD 11. I have exported into .csv, nothing will import in. I have exported into Shapefile, downloaded a convertor program to convert from .shp to .dwg, points come in, but no labels. Exported into KML, purchased a cad-earth program, but the points come in small and no labels. I really like the terraflex software, and love the cloud access, but if I cant get the points in the field into cad.....it is useless.....please somebody tell me there is hope.
0 link
Adam
Administrator

1/18/2017
Hi tfurr,

I'm not as familiar with the AutoCAD workflow, but I'm certain that you can import a .csv file into AutoCAD.
I have found a that the Autodesk Knowledge Network has a wealth of information.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-import-points-from-Excel-into-Civil-3D.html

Regards,
Adam
Trimble Geospatial Support
0 link
tfurr

1/18/2017
you can, but not with a lat and long.....it needs to be x and y. I have been to the autodesk and no help there. Also I am running autocad 2011, not civl 3d.....basically it looks like there is no help anywhere and I have bought the wrong trimble equipment.
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

1/19/2017
Hi tfurr

Terraflex exports to industry standard GIS formats (*.shp, *.gdb and KML) and *.csv
Did you contact AutoDesk support as this appears to be a limitation with your version of AutoCad and/or the 3rd party applications you are using

Another alternative I would suggest, is to download and install QGIS which is an open source GIS software package.
This accepts all the export formats Terraflex exports and will allow you to convert and re-export to an AutoCAD DXF or Microstation DGN file

-
edited by Tom H on 1/19/2017
0 link