InSphere Logo

HomeTerraflex - ESRI ArcMap Plugin

Discussions relating to the ESRI ArcMap plug in

TerraFlex Desktop Add In and SDE Messages in this topic - RSS

DougK

6/7/2016
Can a TerraFlex project created with the ArcMap Desktop Add In consume data from SDE or does it have to be a Geodatabase?
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

6/13/2016
Yes the Terraflex Add in supports SDE workflows. Be sure to install the latest version from here: http://www.trimbleinsphere.com/insphere/terraflex-data-collection#downloads
0 link
mikedoc

8/11/2016
@TomH Great! What documentation exists to describe the SDE workflow?
0 link
Adam
Administrator

8/11/2016
Hi Mike,

Can you tell us more specifically what you would like to know about SDE?
Some of our TerraFlex community may be able to chime in with some assistance...

Regards,
Adam
Trimble InSphere Support
0 link
mikedoc

8/11/2016
Thanks Adam,

I've successfully followed the TerraFlex Desktop Add-in for ESRI ArcGIS Desktop v3.5 How-To Guide for creating/publishing/field collecting/harvesting from/to a file geodatabase. Now I want to use an enterprise Oracle/SDE geodatabase. What are the required steps?

1. Added the auto-collected fields to the SDE feature class: Sign.
2. Registered the feature class as versioned.
3. Created a new map document, enabled the Add-in,and saved the map document.
4. Editing Options set to `Edit a version...`
5. Created project with Sign feature class successfully.
6. Set the MXD of the new project to the current map document.
7. Edited the project to publish to InSphere, but get the following error: Project re-published with errors...InSphere not available.

However, if I open another project I am able to connect to InSphere. What am I doing wrong?
0 link
Adam
Administrator

8/12/2016
Hi mikedoc,

Does that same layer MVRDATA.Sign publish in the other Project that will publish?
Does this layer MVRDATA.Sign have subtypes by chance?

Regards,
Adam
Trimble Insphere Support
0 link
mikedoc

8/12/2016
Adam,
Q1: Does that same layer MVRDATA.Sign publish in the other Project that will publish?
A1: MVRDATA.Sign is an Oracle/SDE feature class. When I import it into a new file geodatabase, then try to create a new project using the Sign feature class, I get the error `field SDSID: data type not supported'. The data type of the `SDSID` field is GUID. The project will not publish (same error as above). When I remove the `SDSID` field (data type: GUID), the TerraFlex project creates without errors, and publishes to InSphere.
However, when I remove the `SDSID` field (data type: GUID) from the MVRDATA.Sign Oracle/SDE feature class, the new TerraFlex project creates without errors, but the project will still not publish (same error as above).

Q2: Does this layer MVRDATA.Sign have subtypes by chance?
A2: No subtypes.
0 link
tiffanypuett

10/25/2017
Just wanted to chime in here since this doesn't seem to have an answer. The TF plugin v3.7 does work with subtypes. It just creates a separate layer per subtype. Also helpful, if users have different domains assigned per subtype, those are also kept.
0 link