InSphere Logo

HomeInSphere - General

General Discussion

Height above ellipsoid not recording on form Messages in this topic - RSS

Whitsunday Surveys

5/16/2016
Hello,

I have created a new template with shapefile data. When i export it after field collection there is a recorded coordinate value in longitude and latitude fields, but no HAE ( height above ellipsoid) column is exported with the newly collected form. Is there something I have not ticked when creating the new template or was something done incorrectly in the field. Without the hae the form is not of any use to me.

A form i created a few months ago records HAE. Since then i have had no luck in creating a template which records HAE.

Regards,

Mike
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

5/16/2016
Hi Mike

What export format are you referring to here? CSV or shapefile?

CSV file format, exports the latitude, longitude and height above ellipsoid for point features.
For shapefile and file geodatabase the Z value isn't included by default but it can easily be added In ArcMAP.
To do this, just add a new field to the shapefile or feature class > make this a type - double then use the calculate geometry tool (right click on the field in table view) to automatically calculate the Z values (again based on HAE).

KML doesn't include this information.

In Terraflex mobile we also provide the Lat/Lon and HAE in real time on the field device under the location status screen.
We haven't built coordinate fields into form templates yet but this is in progress and in the backlog for the future.
This will allow you to assign auto-fields for X,Y,Z values to appear on the form template as collected.
-
0 link
Whitsunday Surveys

5/16/2016
Hi,

I am exporting CSV file. The only issue is that it only records a value in longitude and latitude fields ( assumed coordinates of the real time corrections. The heights do not populate another column. I have tried everything and am now thinking there is a bug. Any ideas? Note that point data is being exported ( selected in template creation from uploaded shapefile data).

We are investigating the use of shapefile export.

Cheers

Mike

Tom H wrote:
Hi Mike

What export format are you referring to here? CSV or shapefile?

CSV file format, exports the latitude, longitude and height above ellipsoid for point features.
For shapefile and file geodatabase the Z value isn't included by default but it can easily be added In ArcMAP.
To do this, just add a new field to the shapefile or feature class > make this a type - double then use the calculate geometry tool (right click on the field in table view) to automatically calculate the Z values (again based on HAE).

KML doesn't include this information.

In Terraflex mobile we also provide the Lat/Lon and HAE in real time on the field device under the location status screen.
We haven't built coordinate fields into form templates yet but this is in progress and in the backlog for the future.
This will allow you to assign auto-fields for X,Y,Z values to appear on the form template as collected.
-
0 link
Whitsunday Surveys

5/16/2016
Hi,

Just wondering if there is a limit on how many attribute fields can be collected in the field? Perhaps we have too many.

mike
0 link
Whitsunday Surveys

5/17/2016
Hello,

The solution is whether or not you have used a 2d or 3d shapefile to upload or not. Simple, but not documented anywhere.

Cheers
0 link