InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - General

General Discussion about Trimble Terraflex

Google Maps no longer available in TerraFlex Messages in this topic - RSS

Tom H
Administrator

5/31/2018
As we prepare for the Connect migration and Terraflex platform upgrade to Version 4.1 - Google Maps will no longer be available for use as a base map in TerraFlex or InSphere.

• In TerraFlex we recommend using the Trimble street or satellite base map layers instead.
  • For InSphere we recommend using the Trimble street or Esri satellite base maps.

If this change causes a significant issue for you or your customers please get in contact and we can look at what other alternative are available.

More information on the migration plan will be posted here in due course

#TrimbleSupport
0 link
howstoid

17 days ago
This is a significant problem. We used Google maps to locate remote features (trees) with a reasonable level of accuracy for broad scale assessments. The Trimble satellite imagery is poor - and I shelled out for three new licenses in early May with no warning. Several colleagues are in the same boat. Is Trimble going to improve their imagery, or at least use an alternative, clear provider such as Bing or Esri?
0 link
Kristy

8 days ago
I have teraflex my only option is Google Base Maps. How do I access the Trimble Street base map?
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

8 days ago
Hi Kristy

In the mobile application you can access this from the Map window via the layers icon

Insphere has a drop down base map selection option in the map window

edited by Tom H on 7/12/2018
0 link
dmellisjr

7 days ago
What was/is the reasoning for getting rid of Google maps in TerraFlex?
0 link
restoration.eco

2 days ago
Trimble base maps are not loading with a cellular data connection for myself and colleagues. Are other's experiencing this problem?
0 link