InSphere Logo

HomeTerraFlex - General

General Discussion about Trimble Terraflex

Google Maps no longer available in TerraFlex Messages in this topic - RSS

Tom H
Administrator

5/31/2018
As we prepare for the Connect migration and Terraflex platform upgrade to Version 4.1 - Google Maps will no longer be available for use as a base map in TerraFlex or InSphere.

• In TerraFlex we recommend using the Trimble street or satellite base map layers instead.
  • For InSphere we recommend using the Trimble street or Esri satellite base maps.

If this change causes a significant issue for you or your customers please get in contact and we can look at what other alternative are available.

More information on the migration plan will be posted here in due course

#TrimbleSupport
0 link
howstoid

7/3/2018
This is a significant problem. We used Google maps to locate remote features (trees) with a reasonable level of accuracy for broad scale assessments. The Trimble satellite imagery is poor - and I shelled out for three new licenses in early May with no warning. Several colleagues are in the same boat. Is Trimble going to improve their imagery, or at least use an alternative, clear provider such as Bing or Esri?
0 link
Kristy

7/11/2018
I have teraflex my only option is Google Base Maps. How do I access the Trimble Street base map?
0 link
Tom H
Administrator

7/12/2018
Hi Kristy

In the mobile application you can access this from the Map window via the layers icon

Insphere has a drop down base map selection option in the map window

edited by Tom H on 7/12/2018
0 link
dmellisjr

7/12/2018
What was/is the reasoning for getting rid of Google maps in TerraFlex?
0 link
restoration.eco

7/17/2018
Trimble base maps are not loading with a cellular data connection for myself and colleagues. Are other's experiencing this problem?
0 link
swforest

7/27/2018
restoration.eco - I cannot get any of the Trimble base maps to load. Just getting a gray background. I've tried switching between street and satellite.
0 link
tradliv

9/4/2018
howstoid wrote:
This is a significant problem. We used Google maps to locate remote features (trees) with a reasonable level of accuracy for broad scale assessments. The Trimble satellite imagery is poor - and I shelled out for three new licenses in early May with no warning. Several colleagues are in the same boat. Is Trimble going to improve their imagery, or at least use an alternative, clear provider such as Bing or Esri?

I have exactly the same issue. Have not received any reply several weeks after e-mailing this question to support.
Trimble seem to make one bad decision after another when it comes to Terraflex.
Any tips for other tree survey apps with Google satellite imagery?
0 link
tradliv

9/4/2018
This is indeed a significant problem. The developers have not even removed the Google option from web interface or app! What were you thinking?
The decision to do this without consulting or even informing customers in advance shows just how poorly Trimble understands their users/customers.
edited by tradliv on 9/4/2018
0 link
scottF

10/10/2018
Yes. Same problem. Was out doing a large survey with my Geo7x the other day and sat maps would not load at all. Along with levels of crashing/freezing I've not experienced for years. Like going back to the bad old days of 2015 with TF.

restoration.eco wrote:
Trimble base maps are not loading with a cellular data connection for myself and colleagues. Are other's experiencing this problem?
0 link